Course: Side Dishes, Heart Healthy
Cook Time: 1-2 hours
1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 1/2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, divided
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, peeled
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup hot mango chutney
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
3 cups shredded kale
1 cup shredded radicchio
1 cup quinoa, cooked
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add squash, oil and 2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning; stir until squash is coated.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add onion and garlic to food processor bowl. Pulse until chopped.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and remaining Dressing ingredients to food processor bowl.
- Process until blended.
- Toss squash, dressing, kale, radicchio and quinoa in a large bowl until blended.
- Sprinkle with walnuts before serving, if desired.
Serves: Serves: 8-10